Big Bet Poker for Mac
written by: John
Online Poker » Big Bet Poker » Big Bet Poker on a Mac
Big Bet Poker is known for its innovative poker gaming software that is loaded with special features like player notes, quick start, time bank and the ability to expose one card. However, the Big Bet Poker software was designed for Windows operating systems only and is not compatible with a Mac computer. At this time a version of the software is not available as a play-in-browser option either. The only way that Mac users can play at Big Bet Poker is through the use of a Windows emulator program.
Accessing Big Bet Poker for Mac
In order to be able to play at Big Bet Poker on the Mac, you will first need to download and install a Windows emulator, such as Wine 1.1.22. This is a virtual Windows environment that runs on your Mac computer, allowing you to run programs that are only available on Windows. In order to install your Windows emulator properly, please follow the instructions provided by the software's web site. With your emulator up and running complete the following steps to play at Big Bet Poker.
1. Visit the Big Bet Poker homepage from within the emulator.
2. Click the Download link and save the installation file to your computer.
3. After a few moments the file will be complete. Double click the installation program to begin installing the software.
4. You must agree to the terms and conditions of owning the software before you will be able to install it on your computer.
5. Select a location within your Windows emulator to save the program files and the installation program will automatically begin.
6. Installation should take only a few minutes and once completed you will be able to access the Big Bet Poker tables by signing into your account or signing up for a new one from within the software.
It should be noted that players who use a Windows emulator to run the Big Bet Poker program do so at their own risk. In some cases, Mac users have found that they are unable to play the Big Bet Poker software from their Windows emulator. Likewise, Big Bet Poker tech support is unavailable to players that use this method.
Big Bet Poker System Requirements for Mac
The following system requirements are the recommended minimum required to be able to successfully run the Big Bet Poker software from within an emulator:
A computer with Mac OS 9.2 X or later version
A least a 300 MHz processor or better
A minimum of 256 RAM
20MB or more of free space left on the hard drive
Internet connectivity through a 28.8KB modem or faster