Jan 28 2011
written by: John under News Comments: Comments Off
2011 is shaping up to be the year of innovation in online poker, with Full Tilt Poker debuting their Multi-Entry Tournaments and PokerStars newest feature the Online Home Games. Well, PokerStars is back at it this week with their latest addition Fifty50 Sit & Go’s.
Fifty50 Sit & Go’s are a combination between a typical Freeze-Out Sit & Go and a Double or Nothing Sit & Go. The difference is that each player remaining receives their initial buy-in back once half the field is eliminated, and the remaining prize-pool is distributed based on chip counts!
Basically, in these Sit & Go tournaments surviving is important, but not the lone factor, as the player with the most chips will take home more of the prize-pool. Here is an example of how the payouts would work in a $100, 10 person Fifty50 tournament:
• Player 1 = 5,000 chips: $100 +33% of prize pool (roughly $166)
• Player 2 = 4,000 chips: $100 + 26.6% of prize-pool (roughly $134)
• Player 3 = 3,000 chips: $100 + 20% of prize-pool ($100)
• Player 4 = 2,500 chips: $100 + 16.6% of prize-pool (roughly $84)
• Player 5 = 500 chips: $100 + 3.3% of prize-pool (roughly $17)
Look for players to start tinkering with optimal strategies in the coming days for these new Fifty50 S&G tournaments, so keep an eye on the poker forums and the online poker training sites for strategies and concepts for PokerStars Fifty50 tournaments.