Jan 27 2012
written by: Steve under News Comments: Comments Off
The 2011 European Poker Awards ceremony took place last night at the Aviation Club de Paris in Paris, France, and some of the poker world’s biggest names managed to walk away with some more hardware to add to their trophy cases.
Among the winners were 2011 World Series of Poker Main Event Champion Pius Heinz, who won the Best Tournament Performance category; WPT and EPT Champion Andrey Pateychuk who won the Rookie of the Year Award; and Sam Trickett who won the coveted Player of the Year Award for his remarkable 2011 tournament and cash-game success.
Jesse may was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award, presented to him by last year’s recipient and this year’s host Nic Szeremeta. Unlike the other awards, the Lifetime Achievement Award winner is selected by the panel only, and is not open to voting. May joins a very exclusive club of past winners like Marcel Luske, John Duthie, and David Ulliott whose contributions to European poker have now been immortalized.
Here is a look at all of the 2011 European Poker Award winners from last night’s ceremony:
- Player of the Year: Sam Trickett
- Best Tournament Performance: Pius Heinz
- Rookie of the Year: Andrey Pateychuk
- Europe’s Leading Lady: Natalia Nikitina
- Staff of the Year: Warren Lush (bwin.Party)
- Internet Player of the Year: Ilari Sahamies
- Poker Personality of the Year: Bertrand Grospellier
- Event of the Year: WSOPE Cannes
- Lifetime Achievement: Jesse May
For more information on the European Poker Awards or to take a look at past winners (the EPA’s have been going strong for 11 years now) you can visit their website at EuropeanPokerAwards.com