Bwin Poker for Ubuntu
written by: John
Bwin Poker is a portion of Bwin, one of the largest online gambling sites in existence. Bwin Poker currently offers downloadable software for both Windows and Mac OS, as well as mobile phone poker software designed for smartphones. Unfortunately, Bwin Poker does not offer a downloadable software package that runs natively on Ubuntu. However, Ubuntu users can still access Bwin Poker by using the Windows version of the software in an emulation program, or by skipping the download process and using the Instant Play version of Bwin Poker.
Installing Bwin Poker Ubuntu
If you'd like to run Bwin Poker Ubuntu as a standalone application on your computer, you'll first need to prepare your computer by installing a Windows emulation program. The most popular emulator of this type is known as Wine. Many Ubuntu users regularly use Wine to run Windows applications such as poker programs and other software platforms. Installing Wine is an easy task, and the program can be obtained free of charge. Follow these steps to complete the process:
- 1. Open the program entitled Synaptic on your Ubuntu computer.
- 2. Under the Settings menu, look for Repositories. Within this submenu, you should see a toggle switch called Universe. Click on this switch to ensure that it is enabled.
- 3. Search for Wine in the top right search box.
- 4. The application Wine should now appear in the search results. Clicking on it will mark it for installation.
- 5. Click Apply.
- 6. Wine will now download to your computer. The program should begin to install automatically once the download is complete.
- 7. You may be prompted to choose a save destination. It is advisable to place Wine in the Applications folder.
Now that you've installed Wine, your Ubuntu computer will be ready for virtually any Windows program, so long as your hardware meets the applicable system requirements. It's now time to install the Bwin Poker Ubuntu.
- 1. Visit Bwin.Poker.com.
- 2. Click the Download Now link found on the left side of the screen.
- 3. You'll be prompted to log in with your Bwin username and password. If you don't have an existing Bwin Poker Ubuntu account, you'll be required to create one before downloading. This can be done by clicking Register Now.
- 4. Observe the progress bar as the download finishes. Once it is complete, double click the downloaded file to begin installation. Save Bwin Poker Ubuntu under Wine, in the Applications folder.
Bwin Poker Ubuntu Instant Play
Although running Bwin Poker Ubuntu will be the ideal method of play for most customers, some Ubuntu users prefer to skip the hassle of a download and instead utilize the Instant Play version of Bwin Poker. This is a browser-based version of Bwin Poker, and it includes most of the same features found in the downloadable version. You can launch this version of the poker room by clicking the Play Instantly link on the Bwin Poker homepage.
Players looking for the best possible Bwin Poker Ubuntu experience are advised to try both versions of the software before deciding which one they prefer.