Everest Poker for Mac
written by: John
Everest Poker is a popular destination with poker players from around the world as the poker site's software boasts a bevy of special features and multiple language and currency options. However, the Everest Poker software is designed for computers using the Windows operating system only and while the program itself can be downloaded onto a Mac, it will not function properly or in most cases, at all. At this time there are no current plans for a Mac version of the Everest software, nor an Instant Play option for users that do not have a Windows computer, however there is a way for Mac users to find a way around this limitation.
Accessing Everest Poker for Mac
There are two methods available for playing at Everest Poker on a Mac computer, both of which utilize emulation software to run the Windows version of the Everest Poker program. One method many users have had success with in the past is using the Brothersoft Everest Poker program for the Mac. This is a downloadable program that configures the Everest Poker software to work on a Mac computer as if it were playing on a Windows PC.
The other option is to use a Windows emulator program, such as Wine 1.1.22. These programs allow you to run a Windows operating environment on your Mac computer so that you may download and install the Everest Poker software. While this method does not always work, many Mac users have found it to be an effective way to get around Everest Poker's limitations.
To use Everest Poker for the Mac you must first download and install the emulator program of your choice and then complete the following instructions:
- 1. Run the Windows Emulator and access the Everest Poker website.
- 2. Click on the Download link and save the file to a location where you can find it again.
- 3. When the download is complete, double-click the program and begin the installation process.
- 4. You will be required to read and agree to the terms and services as well as choose a location to store the software's files.
- 5. The installation will take a few moments to complete and then you will be able to play immediately.
Everest Poker System Requirements for Mac
In order to be able to smoothly play using the Everest Poker software, the following system requirements are necessary:
- Mac OS 9.2, X or better
- 256MB of RAM or better
- 300MHz processor or better
- At least 20MB of free space on the hard drive
- 28.8Kb modem or better
- 2MB video card with 64k colors and 800x600 pixel resolution
- Optional sound card and speakers if you wish to hear sound effects