Party Poker on an Ubuntu System
written by: John
Party Poker is an established poker site that accepts players from around the world. However, Party Poker does not accept players from the U.S. Party Poker has downloadable software as well as an instant play option. They accept both Mac and PC users. Unfortunately, they do not have software designed specifically for people that use Ubuntu. Ubuntu is a computer operating system that is a free and open source software. Luckily, there are steps that Ubuntu players can take in order to adapt their software to be compatible with Party Poker's software.
Installing Party Poker Ubuntu
Technically, Party Poker does not accept players that use Ubuntu software. You will have to download additional programs to be able to download Party Poker's software. You will need to download Wine is Not an Emulator (Wine) software in order to make Ubuntu compatible with Party Poker software.
1. Open your Ubuntu software.
2. Open Synaptic.
3. Click on Settings and then look under Repositories.
4. Click on Universe and then search for the Wine application.
5. Once you find Wine, click on it and install it.
6. Monitor the installation progress and click Finish once the software has finished downloading.
7. You can now visit Party Poker's official web site and download their software.
If you cannot find Wine under your Ubuntu software, you can visit Wine's official web site. You can download Wine by clicking on the Download button on their home page.
Instant Play Party Poker Ubuntu
Party Poker has an instant play option that is available to users of any operating system. The instant play option provides gaming right within your browser. There is no need to download any software when using the instant play option. Additionally, Ubuntu users will not have to download Wine in order to utilize the instant play option. There are only a couple of steps that users need to follow in order to use the instant play option at Party Poker.
1. Visit Party Poker's official web site.
2. Click on the Instant Play option on the left side of the home page.
3. A new browser will appear instantly on your computer screen. Wait for the poker lobby to appear. It will take a couple of minutes.
4. You will be prompted to register for an account by supplying a username and password.
5. Visit Party's Poker's web site each time you want to play poker using the instant play option.
The instant play option is run through the program Flash. Players will want to keep in mind that the instant play option does not have some of the features that are available in the downloadable software. The features not available on the instant play option include:
Table resizing, tiling and cascading
There are many advantages to using the instant play option including instant access from any computer and less hassle because you do not have to download any software. This is especially helpful for Ubuntu users.