Poker770 for Mac
written by: John
Poker770 is a highly popular international poker site that offers real money poker play and advanced software. Currently, the software is available two ways: a downloadable package that only works with Windows, and an Instant Play variety that works with any operating system, including Mac OS. Mac users will have the option of running the Instant Play software, which offers a limited version of Poker770, or the downloadable version which includes extra software features.
Installing Poker770 Mac
If you'd like to take advantage of the full downloadable version of Poker770, you must first install Windows under Boot Camp or Parallels, two programs that facilitate the use of Windows programs on Mac hardware. Boot Camp is available for free, and comes prepackaged with most new Mac computers.
In addition to Boot Camp, you'll need a full version of Windows to install into the Boot Camp environment. Next, you can reboot your Mac computer and proceed to install the full downloadable Windows version of Poker770. Follow these steps to complete the process:
- 1. Open your favorite browser inside of Windows under Boot Camp.
- 2. Direct your browser to Poker770.com/en for the English version of Poker770. You can click on one of the flags on the Poker770 homepage to change the language if desired.
- 3. Click the Play Poker link located near the middle of the Poker770 homepage.
- 4. Wait as Poker770 downloads to your computer. Double click the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- 5. Once the installation has finished, open the Poker770 Mac software and create a valid username and password.
The primary advantage of using Boot Camp and running the downloadable Windows version of Poker770 on your Mac is that you'll also have access to Pokster, an invaluable piece of poker coaching software that is available for free when you download and install Poker770. Pokster analyzes your position, hole cards, playing style and more to determine your best betting decision in every situation. Unfortunately, Pokster does not work with the Instant Play version of Poker770 Mac at this time.
Poker770 Mac Instant Play
If you'd prefer to skip the process of running a Windows emulator and downloading software, you can instead choose to run the Instant Play version of Poker770. This software is located at poker770.co.uk. Click the Poker770 Instant Play link found on this page to launch the software. Poker770 Mac Instant Play offers plainer graphics and choppier animations than the downloadable version, though it still provides real money poker play in a variety of game types.