Poker770 for Ubuntu
written by: John
Poker770 is an established online card room with tens of thousands of registered members. Currently, Poker770 does not offer native support for the Ubuntu operating system. Rather, they supply their software in two ways: through a downloadable program designed for Windows, and a no-download variation that runs in a web browser. Poker770 Ubuntu players will be able to choose from either of these options, though the former will require the user to initially install an emulation program. Wine, a popular Windows emulator for Ubuntu, will allow you to experience the downloadable version of Poker770.
Installing Poker770 Ubuntu
Before installing Poker770 Ubuntu, you'll need to install Wine. This is a popular emulation program that many Ubuntu users already have installed on their computers. If you're unfamiliar with Wine, or if you simply haven't had a reason to install it, you'll need to download and install it in order to play Poker770 Ubuntu. Fortunately, the process required for Wine installation is quite simple. Follow these steps to complete the process:
- 1. Prepare to install Wine by opening Synaptic.
- 2. Click on Repositories within your Ubuntu system settings.
- 3. Choose Universe and enable it.
- 4. Search for the application "Wine." Click on it and mark it for installation.
- 5. Click Apply.
- 6. Wine will start downloading onto your computer. Once the download completes, be sure to install it in the Applications folder.
- 7. Open Wine and read the included help files to familiarize yourself with its operation.
Now that you've installed a Windows emulator on your computer, you're ready to download Windows applications, such as the downloadable software offered by Poker770. Installing Poker770, which is easier than installing Wine, can be done in a few basic steps:
- 1. Visit Poker770.com.
- 2. Click on Get Started.
- 3. Click the Download link on the left side of the page.
- 4. Once the download completes, double click the downloaded file to open it.
- 5. Choose Applications -> Wine for the installation location.
In order to play for real money at Poker770 Ubuntu, you'll need to make a new account. This can be done within the Poker770 Ubuntu software, or by clicking the Create An Account link on the Poker770 download page.
Poker770 Ubuntu Instant Play
If you'd like to play Poker770 Ubuntu but you'd prefer to not run an emulation program, you'll have the option of using Poker770 Instant Play through the Flash Lobby. You'll have access to game types such as Holdem, Omaha and Omaha Hi Lo, which can be played for real money or play chips. A surprising amount of software settings, features and preferences are available in this version of Poker770 Ubuntu, including:
- Large bet warnings
- Chat bubbles
- Hand strength ratings
- Locally-stored hand history
- 4-color decks
- All-in odds
- Dealer and player sounds
Often, players with limited computer experience will choose the Instant Play version of Poker770 Ubuntu, as it requires less technical knowledge to get up and running.